So, here’s the recipe for the wonderfully classic Banana Loaf Cake. This recipe is really simple and quick to make.
The intense flavours will leave an amazing smell around the house, not to mention how fantastic it actually tastes too. This cake can be enjoyed whatever time of day and is ideal with a nice cup of tea.
Banana Loaf Cake Ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 100g light brown or demerara sugar
- 150ml of sunflower or vegetable oil
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powers
- 1tsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
- A squirt of honey to sweeten
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Add crushed walnuts or dried fruit
- Dried banana to decorate on the top
How to Bake Banana Loaf Cake
- First start by adding flour, brown sugar, ripe bananas, three eggs, a squeeze of honey, a hint of vanilla essence, a teaspoon of cinnamon, sunflower oil and finally a teaspoon of baking powder all into a mixing bowl.
- Once all ingredients have been added, it’s time to mix for around 5 minutes using an electric mixture (or a whisk, whichever you have available!)
- Whilst everything is mixing, add in crushed mixed walnuts to give your banana loaf cake an added crunch.
- After, you will need to finish mixing by hand to ensure everything is mixed together well and your mixture is a nice smooth consistency.
- Now it’s time to grease a loaf tin using butter. Then pour the mixture into the tin and it’s time to bake!
- Your bake time is approx. 40 mins (or until golden brown). The oven should be heated to around 180°C.
- Bake the cake until it’s nice and golden brown.