Nothing beats a fresh of out the oven pizza and once you see how easy it is to make for yourself, you’ll think twice about ordering delivery! You can switch up your toppings and add your favourites to really make it your own.
By following this simple and easy recipe, in just 30 to 40 minutes you will have made your own homemade pizza.
Homemade Pizza Ingredients:
- 400g of white flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast (from a sachet or tub)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200 ml of water
- Tomato sauce paste
- Your choice of topping
Enough to make two pizzas
How to Make Homemade Pizza
- First start by adding your ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Begin adding your flour, salt, sugar, yeast, olive oil and finally water.
- TOP TIP - Add the water slowly to make sure you are only adding the right amount.
- Next you will need to start mixing the ingredients together slowly and by hand. You will know when the mixture is ready when it becomes a stick dough consistency.
- Flour the work surface generously, then turn out the dough and knead lightly. Knead in some of the flour from the work surface, adding a little more if the dough remains sticky. The dough should come away from the work surface cleanly but still be quite moist.
- Next, it’s time to knead the dough into a circle shape to form your pizza base. The bigger the base, the bigger your pizza!
- Cover the pizza base in a tomato sauce paste and add your toppings! This is where you can become as adventurous as you like!
- Ensure you have preheated the oven at 200C and you can leave your pizzas cooking for around 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cut your pizza into slices and enjoy!