Coming at you with a super simple and quick recipe perfect for a lazy morning, late brunch treat.
This Moroccan spiced egg & chickpea open sandwich can be made in just 20 minutes! But there are no flavour shortcuts as it’s bursting with cumin, ginger, coriander and allspice!
This recipe will not disappoint!
Moroccan Spiced Sandwich Ingredients:
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly chopped
- 1 red pepper thinly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp of Moroccan spice mix - Choose from: ground cumin, ground ginger, salt, black pepper, ground cinnamon, ground coriander, cayenne, ground allspice or ground cloves
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of chickpeas drained
- 6 large eggs
- 60g of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 slices of toasted farmhouse load or sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper optional
How to Make...
- Begin by heating the oil in a medium frying pan and then add the onion, peppers and garlic stirring until the vegetables are soft.
- Next you will need to add the Moroccan spice, tomatoes and chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes and cover.
- Then crack the eggs into the pan and sprinkle over with cheese (as much cheese as you like!). Reduce the heat and cover until eggs are cooked to however you like them.
- Optional seasoning with salt and pepper and serve on top of toasted bread.