Authentic New York cheesecake is tall, dense and incredibly creamy and Patisserie Valerie’s has carefully put together the most delicious baked New York cheesecake recipe for you to bake at home.
Despite the lashings of cream and sugar, this simple cake is wonderfully light and leaves a clean feel in the mouth. This authentic creamy dessert will add a taste of New York to any dining table.
New York Cheesecake Ingredients:
For the base you'll need:
- 155g digestive crumb (add 2 extra biscuits if you like a thicker base)
- 35g brown sugar
- 60g butter or margarine
For the cheesecake filling you'll need:
- 500g cream cheese
- 120g caster sugar
- 16g cornflour
- 1 x egg yolk
- 1 x whole egg
- 150ml cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
How to Make New York Cheesecake
- Crush digestives in a freezer bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Melt your butter then mix in the brown sugar and digestive crumb.
- Press the mix into the bottom of your cheesecake ring/spring form tin.
- Top Tip: If you like your cheesecake base extra crisp, bake it for ten minutes before you add the topping.
- Mix cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla extract and corn flour until smooth. Then, add the eggs and cream mix until smooth.
- Pour the cream filling on top of base and smooth to a flat top.
- Top tip: give your cheesecake a little shake before baking to ensure it settles down smoothly.
- Bake at 100-110 degrees for around 70 minutes. When ready it should be set around the edges and wobbly in the middle. If yours isn’t after 70 minutes, simply return to oven for a little longer.