Quick and easy puff pastry pinwheels recipe with a sweet cinnamon infusion. Perfect for a snack, great to serve as dessert or even just to have for when the savoury tooth craving hits.
These pinwheels are delicious either served hot or at room temp, so the choice is yours. When they are fresh out the oven, they will be slightly softer but as they cool, they will start to form a delicious crisp.
- 1 pack of ready roll Puff Pastry
- 1oz / 25 grams of butter - melted
- 2tbls of caster Sugar / vanilla Sugar
- 2 tsp of ground sweet cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- First start by rolling the pastry out flat into a rectangle shape onto a floured surface - Your pastry should be around the same thickness as a pound coin. Then spread the melted butter and marmite evenly over the pastry.
- Next, evenly sprinkle the caster or vanilla sugar over the pastry and finish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Now it’s time to roll your pastry into a Swiss roll shape.
- Then you will need to cut your pastry roll into 1cm slices and place them onto a baking tray already lined with greaseproof paper. For extra sweetness, sprinkle your pastry rolls with a touch more of sugar.
- Now it’s time to bake! Bake your rolls in a preheated oven at 200C (gas mark 8) for around 10 - 15 minutes until nicely browned and the pastry is cooked.
- Leave your puff pastry pinwheels to cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container when fully cooled down.
- Finally, it’s time to enjoy your freshly baked puff pastry pinwheels.
Here’s some top tips to perfecting your Swiss roll:
- It’s easier to roll the pastry away from you
- Start rolling the pastry as small and as tight as possible
Here are some other flavour ideas you might like to try:
- Just jam - mix into the melted butter to ease spreading over the pastry
- Peanut butter, chopped nuts and grated chocolate
- Blue cheese and chopped walnuts
- Cranberry sauce and chopped chestnuts
- Mango chutney and garam masala/mild curry powder
- Chutney and grated cheese
Just have a look in your cupboards and be creative!