Cake Club Loyalty Programme
Terms and Conditions
2. All Programme members (“Member”) must be individuals aged 16 years or older. All Members must register their Cake Club account with a valid e-mail address online at www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/account/register or instore at loyalty.patisserie-valerie.co.uk.
3. You can apply for a Cake Club account free of charge at any UK Patisserie Valerie retail store or online at www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/account/register.
4. If you apply for a Cake Club account online via www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/account/register an online account will automatically be created and your Cake Club Pass will be linked.
5. In order to participate in the Programme and automatically accumulate points when making a qualifying online purchase when shopping online at www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk you will need to log into your online account prior to completing your online purchase.
6. If you apply for a Cake Club account in-store, we will automatically create an online account for you and link your Cake Club Pass to the online account.
7. You cannot add money to your Cake Club account; it is a promotional rewards card and not a cheque guarantee card, debit card or credit card. You cannot transfer your Cake Club account or any of the stored points on it to any other person. The Programme is only for personal, household and consumer use. Points can only be earned, held, transferred or redeemed as set out in these terms and conditions, or in the terms relating to any promotions and point offers related to the Programme, and may not be earned, held, transferred, redeemed, or otherwise traded in any other way.
8. We reserve the right to suspend or to terminate your Programme account if in our sole discretion we consider that you have breached the terms and conditions, supplied false or misleading information, or acted improperly or in an abusive, defamatory, criminal, or offensive way to any other Member or to our staff.
9. You will accumulate points in your Cake Club account when you make qualifying purchases at any UK Patisserie Valerie retail store and at www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk.
10. The following terms shall apply to your accumulation and use of Cake Club points:
i. only 1 Cake Club Pass may be used per transaction;
ii. 1 point is awarded for each £1 spent online and instore;
iii. points expire after 12 months;
iv. If you are given a refund or other financial adjustment on any transaction, the points awarded on the transaction will be adjusted accordingly;
v. points can only be applied retrospectively where sufficient evidence of a purchase is provided up to a maximum of 7 days after the purchase was made and at Patisserie Valerie’s sole discretion, where points are awarded retrospectively they will be considered to be valid from the point at which they are applied (rather than the date of purchase);
vi. you can check the points balance on your Cake Club account at any time online via your customer account; vii. (viii) points have no cash value;
11. The following terms shall apply to the redemption of any Rewards:
i. you can redeem personalised Rewards in-store and online upon reaching the qualifying level;
ii. The number of points earned from a purchase or required to qualify for a particular Reward may vary from time to time at our sole discretion.
iii. only 1 Cake Club Pass can be used per transaction when redeeming Rewards; iv. online, Cake Club points will not be accrued for the portion of the order paid for with Rewards;
v. any refund of items purchased using Rewards will be made by crediting the applicable amount of points back into the Cake Club account;
vi. points may not be redeemed for cash under any circumstances;
vii. when purchasing online, Rewards will be redeemed from your online account immediately at point of order confirmation;
12. Points will be awarded when purchasing Gift Cards/Gift Vouchers. Points will not be awarded on Gift Card/Gift Voucher redemptions.
13. Patisserie Valerie employees, sub-contractors and/or their agents may not participate in the Programme.
14. Points are personal to an account and cannot be transferred or combined with another account to redeem a Reward.
16. If you opt-in to marketing, you will receive regular e-mail updates of your points and rewards balance. Account information will also only be available to Members online at www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk.
17. We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use of points. If you think that an unauthorised person has gained access to your account or your Pass, please contact email@example.com.
18. These terms and conditions may change and you will be deemed to have accepted the updated terms and conditions when you use the Cake Club Loyalty Programme. As such we strongly encourage you to review these terms and conditions from time to time.
19. We may suspend or terminate the Programme at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason. In such event you will be notified, and all accounts will be suspended or terminated. If Patisserie Valerie has a change of control, is sold or if we decide to sell or transfer the Programme to another company, we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to such other company or acquirer without any further consent and you now consent that we may disclose or transfer all information we hold about all Members including you to any prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of Members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company or acquirer until the terms and conditions are changed by such company or acquirer.
20. We may expand the Programme to include other entities within the Patisserie Valerie group of companies at any time at our sole discretion. In such event you will be notified about the expansion of the Programme.
21. The limit of our liability under these terms and conditions will be exclusively to a Member who suffers a direct loss as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions and in those circumstances our sole liability will be to credit to the relevant Member’s Programme account such points as may have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit any liability we may have for death, personal injury or fraud. These terms and conditions shall prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
22. These terms and conditions and any dispute, claim or non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter.